Voca Financial has immediate openings available for Finance/Accounting Consultant professionals in New York, NY!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Our Client is seeking a Finance/Accounting Analyst that will prepare, analyze and review financial data, transactions and reports, including ad hoc data requests. Candidate will identify ways to re-engineer current reports and process.
- Manage control between the platforms to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain the general ledger, which includes preparation of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and supporting the month end close process
- Conduct month-end reconciliations including revenue accounts, bank accounts and accounts payable
- Able to adhere to the month end close process and deadlines
- Prepare and present to management to review and decision making
- Research and analyze financial information necessary to support internal and external audit activity
- Review trends and create Excel based reporting to support management’s Ad Hoc requests
- Special projects as requested
- Key Competencies:
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience
- Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts our Client overall success first
- HIGHLY preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field is
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Prior financial reporting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience a plus, but not required
- Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Voca: The Spirit of Work