Supplier Quality Engineer
26531 Ynez Road Temecula, CA 92591
Voca has an immediate opening available for an Entry Supplier Quality Engineer in Temecula, CA! Interested Candidates will email current resume to Chad Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org and call 612-324-0800.
- Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers.
- Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials.
- Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Assists in generating component specifications.
- Generate test protocols, monitor testing, issue qualification test reports and approve components for use in products.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.;
- Analyzes incoming material defects.
- Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.
- Reviews new design specifications and provides input from component quality and manufacturability perspective
- Investigates field failures related to supplier materials.
- Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- BS degree in engineering or related scientific field plus 0-4 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Writing NCR’s with CAPA systems and coordinating with suppliers in receiving inspection laboratory
- Assesses supplier change notifications.
- Provides technical support for receiving inspection.
- Entry level position…looking for prior NCR, CAPA, Supplier Quality, Material Qualification or Root Cause Analyst experience.
- Manager looking for the following attributes/qualities: Med Device or regulated industry is a plus, open communication and time-management skills
- Candidates to be familiar with standard Investigation techniques, nonconformances, material qualification, supplier process validation, statistical analysis, protocol & reports.
Voca: The Spirit of Work