Development Security Consultant
795 Office Pkwy Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Development Security Consultant professionals in Creve Coeur, MO!
Voca connects professionals in Finance with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Working as part of the Real-Time Technology Development Engineering group that thrives on an ever-changing set of challenges to solve; this is a dynamic environment and each engagement brings new opportunities to make a difference to our customers. The role will focus on Improvements to IT security, virus scanning/white-listing, logging of OS events and patch management / remediation of security issues on Windows, Linux and Solaris systems and will include analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and/or modification of medium to large infrastructures.
The successful candidate will use industry standard tools and mythologies to deliver against requirements set by our Cyber Security & Technology Risk Group for 2019.
Joining our team, your main responsibilities will be:
• To Install, integrate and test new McAfee anti-virus solutions, change security and logging lockdown/policies and setup vulnerability scanning of systems in Development & integration environments
• Troubleshoot network & security devices, various operating systems, and applications -in relation to remediation of issues that come from OS/Network scans
• Assist the group in building operational processes for patching, new security policies and approved upgrades & 3rd Party software that will be implemented on Live Environments.
• Tuning and troubleshooting to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise environments.
- Education: BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related field or equivalent work experience.
• English Fluent speaker with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• The ability to work well in a team and independently (with little to no supervision)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as SharePoint & MS Office.
• Operating System exposure to install/update/remediate on Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, RHEL6.x & RHEL7.x and Solaris 10.
• Knowledge of Logging systems, such as; Log Manager, Splunk, Qradar, syslog, etc.
• A firm grasp of network security fundamentals & solid understanding of TCP/IP
• Good experience with network application protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, Syslog, etc.
• Up-to-date with latest technologies & disciplines, but has a diverse history in IT - to handle vulnerabilities that may be several years in existence
• Experience with Anti-Virus technologies from McAfee
• Experience within an Enterprise Background
• Experience of creating technical documents and Knowledge base solutions
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills):
• Familiar with RHEL & Microsoft patching schedules and methods
• End point device hardware knowledge (HP, Dell, Microsoft)
• End point Enterprise management systems - device updates/software install (Microsoft SCCM, McAfee ePO)
• Experience working with Group Policy Administration
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux-based scripting facilities
• Perl, C, VBScript, bash, ksh or Python development skills desired
• Experience with automating workflows or system installations.
• Be familiar with password rotations, password malfunctions, account creations, account changes, accounts integrations, maintaining/creating new safes, and CyberArk policies - managing EPV (Enterprise Password Vault) with respect to information/systems security and identity/access management.
• Experience using Service Now
• Experience in a market-data environment a plus!
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work