Desktop Support 3
635 North 26th Street Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Voca Technology has an opportunity for a Tier 2 Desktop Support position with our client in Milwaukee. Interested candidates will reach out to Chad Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8110.
- Provides 2rd level technical assistance in support and preparation of desktop supported applications and hardware.
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience with desktop technology including, but not limited to, Windows desktop operating systems, desktop applications, Multi-Function Devices (print/fax/copier/scanner), and wireless devices such as Android phones, Mac Book Pro, and/or iPads.
- Receives escalated level support issues from an internal Service Desk.
- This position is great for Desktop Support, Technical Support, Tech Support, Computer Support and Help Desk.
- The incumbent shall have 3 or more years of experience in a Desktop Support position and be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Desktop Support.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- This Desktop Support person is expected to independently perform a variety of desktop related tasks and serve as a desktop expert on day-to-day end user issues.
- A wide degree of self-direction, prioritization, and latitude is expected.
- On call/stand by hours will be required with this position.
- This could require the candidate to work more than 40 hours a week.
- Minimum experience: Active Directory Tools – 3 years, General understanding of LANDesk (for patch management, software deployment, inventory management) – 2 years, Installation and Maintenance of PCs – 4 years, Knowledge of VMware Workstation, Microsoft VPC or similar product – 2 years, Mobile Device Management (iPad, Android smartphone) – 5 years, Application Support – 5 years, Mac OS X – 3 years, MS Windows 7 – 4 years, and Troubleshooting all hardware – 5 years.
- Voca is a national full service staffing and consulting company that specializes in Staff Augmentation, Direct Hire and Executive Search placement. Our client base covers mid-size companies to Fortune 500 organizations to include a full range of industries which provides us the opportunity to place you in IT, Healthcare, Accounting/Finance, Legal and Professional positions. Our goal is to provide the tools and opportunities to help our consultants grow, and to provide the best possible candidates to our clients.