Voca Creative has immediate openings available for Design Specialist professionals in Portland, OR!
Voca connects Creative professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Provides expertise in a specialized field.
- Acts as a resource to generalist personnel to investigate and resolve problem situations or complex issues.
- Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new programs, systems and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Develops and maintains operational and procedural documentation.
- Draft plans, elevations and details for structures, installations, and other projects.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles.
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD).
- Prepare construction drawings utilizing established engineering guidelines, specifications, and standards.
- Prepare wiring diagrams, equipment layouts, and panel designs.
- Prepare the physical layouts, including general plans and elevations, grounding plans, cable and conduit plans, and construction specifications.
- Develop bill of materials from engineering drawings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years electrical drafting experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in electrical system design, using AutoCAD or Microstation.
- General knowledge of electrical circuits and schematics.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, as well as general knowledge of generating facilities, power substations, and protection and control schemes.
- Design skills, including the development of detail design drawings from engineering guidelines and sketches.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, moderately complex, or urgent in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work