Portland, Oregon 97232
- Draft plans, elevations and details for structures, installations, and other projects.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles.
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD).
- Prepare construction drawings utilizing established engineering guidelines, specifications, and standards.
- Prepare wiring diagrams, equipment layouts, and panel designs.
- Prepare the physical layouts, including general plans and elevations, grounding plans, cable and conduit plans, and construction specifications.
- Develop bill of materials from engineering drawings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years electrical drafting experience.
- General knowledge of electrical circuits and schematics.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, as well as general knowledge of generating facilities, power substations, and protection and control schemes.
- Design skills, including the development of detail design drawings from engineering guidelines and sketches.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, moderately complex, or urgent in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of electrical safety codes and design standards, as well as knowledge of the company's design standards and specifications.
- Advanced computer skills, including SAP.
- Associates degree or greater education in engineering or a closely related field.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.