Data Equipment Specialist
Portland, Oregon 97232
- Process customer payments using equipment such as computer consoles and scanning equipment.
- Perform quality control checks, and diagnose and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Operate specialized remittance processing equipment to open, prep, and scan customer payments.
- Use remittance processing software to review and apply payment transactions.
- Utilize available resources such as customer information system, or payment archive for billing and payment research and problem resolution.
- Process cash box payments.
- Review department processes and determine the most efficient methodology to maximize productivity and quality.
- Research payment processing errors and apply corrections in a timely manner.
- Research customer account information to resolve processing problems.
- Assist Accounting department personnel in the reconciliation of the depository account, including communication of the status of pending research items.
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday Shift hours 6:00 – 2:30, with possible overtime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a clerical/office environment.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications.
- 10-key by touch experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, or urgent in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Understanding of applicable Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Assessment skills including problem diagnosis and identification of proper methods and techniques to resolve and prevent future problems.
- Accounting, math training, prior banking experience and other accounts receivable reconciling and balancing experience.
- Experienced working in a payment processing/office environment.