Rancho Mirage, California 92270
- This employee is responsible for data entry work associated with daily business/financial office functions.
- This includes but is not limited to, cash and adjustment posting, account audit tracking (via excel), patient account updating, invoicing, and maintaining financial or statistical reporting.
- Posts office charges as needed.
- Enters nuclear medicine charges from the charge tickets.
- Posts payments into patient accounts from Medicare, Medical, commercial insurance carriers and patient payments.
- Prepares nuclear medicine charge tickets as needed.
- Audits posted hospital and nuclear medicine changes for accuracy.
- Scans and routs all patient insurance cards.
- Enters insurance and demographic information for all clinic patients.
- Posts charges for all Pacemaker, Heart Monitors, ICD checks, echoes, stress echoes, and ultrasounds.
- Enters all hospital procedures and visit charges including demographics.
- Enters all patient demographic information and charges for the hospital cardiology lab.
- Opens and sorts incoming DCC mail.
- Transmits electronic claims and processing of paper claims.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Processes eligibility verification for all new patients and nuclear procedures prior to scheduled appointments prior to appointment; interferes with Front Office personnel to ensure appropriate insurance documentation has been provided prior to appointment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal, writing and telephone skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Must be multi-tasked.
- Computer knowledge.