Customer Support Technician
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
- Under direct supervision, provides technical advice, guidance and formal or informal training to customers using hardware and software programs.
- While building a general understanding of services provided and departmental functions, helps colleagues troubleshoot and restore service or gather and document information for next level support.
- Helps perform root cause analysis and develop checklists for typical problems.
- May assist in recommending procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Contributes to maintenance of knowledge database and call tracking database to enhance quality of problem resolution.
- May request procedures (or changes to procedures) for problem prevention and control.
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting others with calls.
- 1 year of experience in a Customer Support role
- Clear and Concise Communication
- Ability to type efficiently
- Technical aptitude to learn and then teach how to use a specific application (they will be taught here, but will need to understand how to teach a customer over the phone and sometimes using remote tools)
- 2-5 years of experience in a Customer Support role
- Experience with OIM (Oracle Identity Manager) Product or other enterprise identity management system