Wallingford, Connecticut 06492
- Monitor daily alert and account activity through the use of electronic transaction monitoring case management systems.
- Perform thorough analysis of transactions and consumer information to vet for potentially suspicious and fraudulent activity.
- Conduct intensive investigations using both internal and external investigative tools to arrive at sound risk-based conclusions.
- Document investigations, escalation and resolution of cases for review by supervisor.
- Perform due diligence, KYC, OFAC screening on customers, agents, billers, and/or merchants.
- Draft clear, concise, well-written Suspicious Activity Reports that detail and analyze the potentially suspicious activity for review by a supervisor.
- Develop system enhancements to transaction monitoring system for increased efficiency and effectiveness of suspicious activity and fraud detection.
- Management of 314(b) and law enforcement requests to build cases and report activity.
- Communicate with agents, banks and billers in order to send, track, and follow up on requests for information and documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2-5 years banking or regulatory experience specifically working with the BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills required - ability to problem solve, conduct investigations, review and analyze data, locate its source, and develop and recommend solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits excellent teaching and training skills
- Proactive and self-starting
- Strong project management skills
- Must possess a high level of initiative, inquisition and creativity
- Strong work ethic, independent initiative, and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of, or the ability to quickly gain such, of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws, regulations, and guidance as well as the desire to keep up with changes in a complex environment
- Detail and quality oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and other business units.
- ACAMS, CFE, CFCS, CFCI, preferred