610 Opperman Drive Eagan, Minnesota 55123
Partner with Business Comms Partners to execute best-in-class external comms messaging including but not limited to broadcast, print and online, writing, distributing communications materials (including media pitches, bylined articles, press releases, etc as necessary)
• Responsible for promoting the business units key themes and strategic external communications priorities and initiatives
• Work across the Business Communications teams manage varying projects and provide input and support wherever the businesses warrant.
• Advise Business Partners on communications strategies and initiatives, including those that may be perceived as unpopular, coach on media techniques/initiatives, and ultimately be considered a valued extended team member of the regional and wider business teams.
• Capitalize on trends in the region to position our client as a thought leader.
• Identify new tools and capabilities to increase the quality of our public relations and external communications
• Maximize promotional programs by working closely and collaboratively with brand and BU marketing teams, internal communications and other business channels as appropriate.
• Ensure alignment with and understanding of enterprise/business/initiative goals and objectives to ensure media strategies and other external industry relations communication to support the business success.
• Participate in projects partnering with communications colleagues within BCPO to continually improve protocols and process for communications support.
• Partner with Lead to develop new and enhance existing enterprise-wide processes and communication vehicles – publications, video, surveys, Intranet, executive presentations, social media, etc. – to increase their effectiveness and impact.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
• Bachelor degree; Masters Degree preferred
• 3-5 or 5-8 years of experience in Communications.
• Extensive PR experience gained within an agency or in-house PR role; with a financial, legal, tax or other professional service background preferred.
• Proven track record in delivering measurable PR results, at a high-profile organization and in a global setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• As this role is part of an external agency, customer-focus, flexibility and responsiveness are crucial.
• Demonstrates strong analytic and collaboration skills
• Detail-oriented individual with excellent follow through
• Ability to present to and influence leadership team
• Ability to plan strategic objectives and goals