980 Rice Street St. Paul, Minnesota 55117
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Clinical Assistant in St. Paul, MN!
Job Description:* Works within the scope of practice defined by our Client and under the direction of the provider.
* Escorts patients to the exam room. prepares patient for visit with provider, and appropriately and accurately documents patient information in the medical record.
* Prepares and administers medications as directed by the provider.
* Processes patient calls and messages in order to assist patients and provider workflow. Including but not limited to gathering data/information and communicating with patients in person or via phone.
* Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care while utilizing evidence-based practice to reach our Client's clinical quality, patient experience, employee engagement, and smart growth/financial health measures.
* Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort, and confidentiality.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned. Knowledge/Skills: medical terminology, direct patient care, communicating with patients and families, teamwork, phlebotomy, and computer skills. Reports to: Clinic Manager Direction of Others: None.
Education Essential: * Trade or Vocational Certification Completion of CMA/RMA or LPN program required. Credentials Essential: Description: Certified Med Assistant (CMA) Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists Experience: No previous ambulatory experience required.
Certified Med Assistant (CMA)
Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
Trade or Vocational Certification
Voca: The Spirit of Work