Voca Health has immediate openings available for Clinical Assistant professionals in Cottage Grove, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Works within the scope of practice defined by the hospital and under the direction of the provider. * Escorts patients to the exam room. prepares patient for visit with provider, and appropriately and accurately documents patient information in the medical record. * Prepares and administers medications as directed by the provider. * Processes patient calls and messages in order to assist patients and provider workflow. Including but not limited to gathering data/information and communicating with patients in person or via phone. * Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care while utilizing evidence-based practice to reach clinical quality, patient experience, employee engagement, and smart growth/financial health measures. * Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort, and confidentiality. * Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards. * Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements. * Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned. Knowledge/Skills: medical terminology, direct patient care, communicating with patients and families, teamwork, phlebotomy, and computer skills. Reports to: Clinic Manager Direction of Others: None.
- Education Essential: * Trade or Vocational Certification Completion of CMA/RMA or LPN program required. Credentials Essential: Description: Certified Med Assistant (CMA) Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists Experience: No previous ambulatory experience required.
- Essential Skills: Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions. Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task. Data Entry: Skilled in entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems. Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection. Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, analyzes both successes and failures for slues to improvement, experiments and willing to try new things to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything. Math Basic Skills: Knowledge and skills related to applying mathematical tools and methods for routine calculations. Medical Staff Relations: Builds effective partnerships with medical staff, physicians, fostering open lines of communication and establishing trust. Medical Terminology/Spelling: Familiar with medical terminology and medical spelling. Ability to interact effectively, listen actively and develop positive working relationships with diverse customers and staff honoring different world views. Office Skills: Knowledge and application of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology. Organization: Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole. Patient Care Delivery: Observes and collects pertinent data and/or clinical findings to enhance patient outcomes. Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves. Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Records Management: Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs. Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information. Safe Medication Administration: Administers medications following policies using procedures that assure the highest level of safety all times for all populations.
- Certified Med Assistant (CMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
- Trade or Vocational Certification
- Four ten hour shifts, 7am to 5:30pm with Thursdays off
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work