Certified Medical Assistant
17 West Exchange St. Suite 500, Gallery Prof Bldg St. Paul, MN 55102
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Certified Medical Assistant professionals in St. Paul, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Provides professional, quality medical care to patients. Partners with clinic staff and clinicians to perform daily patient visits, including rooming patients, assisting clinicians with procedures, administering medications and accurately documenting in the clinic electronic health record. Performs job responsibilities following established clinic protocols and procedures.
* Escorts patients to exam room and appropriately documents information.
* Gathers accurate information during phone conversion with patients. Returns phone calls promptly under direction of clinician.
* Prepares and administers medications and injections as directed by a clinician.
* Performs and assists with procedures and treatments as directed by clinician.
* Processes prescription refill requests, adhering to established clinic protocols for electronic refill requests.
* Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care; utilizes evidence based medicine and partners with provider and clinic staff to reach our Client's clinical quality measures.
* Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
QualificationsComputer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
Ability to interact effectively, listen actively and develop positive working relationships with diverse customers and staff honoring different world views.
Patient Education: Provides patient educational information appropriate to the developmental level, learning needs, readiness, cultural values, and beliefs of patients and families.
Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Written Communication: Ability to organize and express information and ideas in written form to individuals as well as groups. Construct messages that are clear and co
* Trade or Vocational Certification
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Description: Certified Med Assistant (CMA)
Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants
Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists
Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Qualification Source: American Heart Association
Credential Comments: *CMA certification/registration required. *Either CMA certification from AAMA or AMT required. Certification from AAMA preferred * X-Ray certification (if required by Clinic)
Experience: Less than 1 year experience required.
Knowledge: Phlebotomy and basic laboratory skills if required by clinic site
Associates's Degree required
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work