Job Number: 11340
- Escorts patients to exam room and appropriately documents information.
- Gathers accurate information during phone conversion with patients. Returns phone calls promptly under direction of clinician.
- Prepares and administers medications and injections as directed by a clinician.
- Performs and assists with procedures and treatments as directed by clinician.
- Processes prescription refill requests, adhering to established clinic protocols for electronic refill requests.
- Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care; utilizes evidence based medicine and partners with provider and clinic staff to reach client clinical quality measures.
- Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure the accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort and confidentiality.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
- Trade or Vocational Certification
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Description: Certified Med Assistant (CMA)
- Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants
- Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT)
- Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists
- Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Qualification Source: American Heart Association
- CMA certification/registration required.
- Either CMA certification from AAMA or AMT required. Certification from AAMA preferred
- X-Ray certification (if required by Clinic)
- Experience: Less than 1 year experience required.
- Knowledge: Phlebotomy and basic laboratory skills if required by clinic site