Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician
1701 W Ben White Blvd #180 Austin, TX 78704
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician professionals in Austin, TX! If you are interested, please send your resume to Elizabeth Merrill at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, following policies and procedures per their state Scope of Practice, in a safe and efficient manner. Care includes taking and monitoring patient vital signs, performing blood tests, documenting appropriate patient information, preparing and monitoring dialysis equipment, and cleaning equipment. The CCHT will fulfill the Dialysis Mission Statement: “Making Life Better for Those Living with Kidney Disease” by providing superior customer service as part of a collaborative team.
Evaluates patient’s nutrition needs/status to develop an individualized nutrition plan.
- Performs the hemodialysis treatment according to our client and the local center’s policies and
- Responsible for ensuring all safety checks are completed prior to initiation of treatment
- Prepares dialyzer according to procedure during prime and set up; removes dialyzer at end of
treatment per physician orders
- Administers medications such as normal saline, heparin, and lidocaine per physician orders under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, and per State and Federal scope of practice guidelines.
- Evaluates access prior to cannulation, cannulates dialysis accesses, initiates treatments, monitors patient and machine, terminates treatment per policy and procedures
- Administers oxygen as necessary by cannula or mask under direction and supervision of
Registered Nurse or physician orders, per scope of practice
- Obtains blood samples water and environmental samples as ordered and performs routine tests
- Takes initiative and action to report, respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all patients in a timely manner
- Responsible for driving the Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Adheres to all infection control procedures and understands the consequences associated with failing to follow those procedures:
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follows all clean/dirty procedures in order to eliminate cross-contamination
- Performs cannulation using aseptic technique for needle insertion and all other required
- Disinfects machines, station area, and chairs after each patient treatment and treatment rooms between patient visits
- Maintains a neat and clean environment
- Performs thorough patient data collection and documentation of patient information prior to, during, and post dialysis, per scope of practice; provides detailed and thorough documentation on treatment sheets and medical records, both manual and electronic
- Liaisons with the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team on shared responsibilities
- Communicates significant patient information to the appropriate team members in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Reinforces education given to patients and their caregivers to increase understanding of the disease and its treatment
- Reinforces self-cannulation education under the supervision of a qualified RN
Job Specific Details
- $27 - 30 / Hour
- 13-Hour Day Shift
- Three Days a Week
- 13-Week Contract
- One year of active hemodialysis patient care experience as a certified hemodialysis technician
- Active BLS CPR Certification
- Texas Department of Public Health CHT certification (TX ONLY)
- BONENT (CHT)/NNCC (CCHT)/NNCO (CCNT) certification (per state regulations), is desired
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic renal function and consequences of renal failure
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the treatment modalities available to end stage renal disease patients
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages