Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Staffing Cert. Remote IP Coder Manager professionals in Las Vegas, Nevada!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Performs the functions of System Manager HIM Coding, overseeing, directing and guiding the coding staff of our Client.
- Responsible and accountable for accurrate coding and DRG assignment, timeliness of coding, as well as software systems utilized to perform coding functions.
- Maintains excellent relationships with CBO and Case Management Staff.
- Responsible for coordination of meetings with Ancillary Departments regarding coding compliance and accurate assignment of charge master CDMs.
- Responsible to communicate with and educate physicians regarding documentation issues affecting accurrate code and DRG assignment.
- Responsible for the overall education of coders to include cross-training as well as on the job training.
- (Position reports to System Director, HIM)
- Education: Bachelor or Associates Degree in Health Information Management or related field.
- License/Certification: RHIA or RHIT as well as CCS are required.
- Technical Skills: Computer proficiency to include word processing, databases, spreadsheets. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology required. Previous exposure and proficiency in utilizing an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) required.
- Experience: Five years coding experience in an acute care setting—including inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory surgery. Two or more years experience in a supervisory role. Experience working in a multi-facility atmosphere preferred.
- Other Qualifications : Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements to include those for coding, billing, and HIPAA. Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding systems. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Demonstrates leadership skills, professionalism, as well as growth and development of staff.
- Note: Documented AHIMA Approved ICD-10 CM & PCS Trainer; Ability to travel between multiple facilities.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work