Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- The clinical case manager assists in the coordination of care throughout the continuum of care with a focus on patients in the acute setting with complex issues.
- Effective and efficient utilization management and discharge planning is achieved by integrating clinical knowledge with skills of focused assessment, planning and timely coordination for the appropriate level of care.
- The clinical case manager utilizes the principles of mutual respect with patients and families and provides leadership within the team of internal partners and outside agencies to facilitate best practices, patient/ family advocacy and achieve quality outcomes.
- The case manager provides leadership through activities such as community involvement, committee work and the participation in research activities.
- The American Nurses Association Nursing (ANA) Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice (2004), Case Managers Society of America Standards of Practice and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses (2001) provides the basis for practice.
- Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in Nursing required.
- Masters preferred.
- One year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is also required.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs Demonstrated leadership ability and interpersonal effectiveness
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting Clinical case manager experience and strong computer skills preferred.
- Current RN licensure from Arizona.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.