Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Voca has an immediate opening available for a CDI Specialists in Las Vegas, Nevada!
Job Description:Provides clinically based concurrent and retrospective review of inpatient medical records to evaluate the utilization and documentation of acute care services.
The goal of concurrent review includes facilitation of appropriate physician documentation of care delivered to accurately reflect patient severity of illness and risk of mortality.
Specific reviews are both determined internally and by requirements/requests of external payers or regulatory agencies and play a significant role in reporting quality of care outcomes and in obtaining accurate and compliant reimbursement for acute care services.
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - Preferred
* Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience in an acute care setting; critical care, medical/surgical or Emergency Department nursing preferred.
* Computer proficiency to include word processing, databases, and spreadsheets. Familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
* EITHER RN or RHIA, RHIT with CCS or CCDS required
* Knowledge of age-specific needs and elements of disease processes and related procedures required. Strong broad-based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology/physiology of disease processes. Working knowledge of inpatient admission criteria, Medicare reimbursement system and coding systems preferred, but not required. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills. Ability to work independently in a time oriented environment is essential.
Voca: The Spirit of Work