Cary, North Carolina 27518
- Responsible for the scheduling and procurement of adequate amount of resources to meet requirements to fulfill all domestic and international product orders and ensure timely delivery to customers.
- Accountable for the replenishment process, receipt of goods and management of inventory.
- Develop and maintain appropriate reports to track and monitor production, inventory status and recovery plans.
- The Planner Buyer is responsible for assuring supply and delivery of products while obtaining the optimal balance between cost and service.
- This balance allows our Client to achieve sales goals by minimizing back orders and reduce costs through inventory optimization.
- Identify constraints and issues associated with the replenishment plans and develop options available for resolving issues.
- Attend and actively participate in recurring Sales and Operations Planning Meetings, staff meetings, process improvement teams, and IS projects.
- Schedule warehouse replenishments from multiple suppliers on both make to stock and make to order items with the goal of meeting customer demand with efficient use of inventory assets.
- Identify constraints and issues associated with the established replenishment plans and develop options available for resolving issues.
- Maintain and distribute supplier forecast to generate supply base requirements and deliveries.
- Arrange for delivery and/or distribution of finished goods
- Strategic and tactical freight management
- Calculate and maintain safety stocks and other planning parameters.
- Driving discipline in inventory reviews necessary to establish, monitor and improve customer service performance
- Must have the ability to identify issues, problems and opportunities to drive process improvement to conclusion while maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Process return goods as necessary (finished good and/or purchased items)
- Assist accounts payable with invoicing issues (Part PO/Invoice Mis-match RCA/CA)
- Inventory Management via cycle-counting, adjustment, shelf-life and expiration dates, inventory turns, MOQ, lot sizes, increasing replenishment and shipping frequency, etc.
- Analyze and track on time delivery misses, short shipments, and reallocations.
- Lead countermeasure activities.
- Develop and maintain a close partnership with Materials, Sourcing, Engineering, Distribution, Production, and Customer Service.
- Support order management to include by not limited to freight quotes, communicate delivery, shipment, and stock availability dates.
- Work with internal departments to proactively and re-actively adjust purchase orders due to customer order changes, price changes and engineering changes.
- Actively seek out ways to improve and enhance Global Supply Chain processes and follow-up on the review/implementation of improvements.
- Data management and maintenance for engineering changes, specs revisions as well as new source selection, validation and set up (JDE and Agile).
- Willingly handle day-to-day activities above in addition to special projects as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain and logistics management, or related field.
- APICS certification preferred
- Three plus years of production control experience
- Requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications, JDE, and CIMIX.
- General understanding and ability to use advanced planning software.
- Strong communication skills.