Business Systems Analysis III
West Des Moines, IA 50266-6751
About the Role:
The applications supported are used by our clients to perform their jobs, run their bank, and to efficiently and effectively run their business as well as make critical business decisions. This is a rewarding and challenging opportunity for the right candidate to be actively involved with the technical side of delivering high value product solutions to our clients.
About our Business:
The Enterprise Technology Group’s Integrated Server Group functions as the application subject matter experts and is responsible for managing all aspects of the server based applications utilized by our clients
Reports To: Manager, Integrated Systems Group
Direct Reports: N/A
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Manages servers to ensure that supported applications are running correctly
• Troubleshoots any and all issues that arise
• Solves problems and issues to keep the servers and applications running smoothly and efficiently
• Responsible for coordinating the technical solution across several technology teams in a matrix organization.
• Conduct technical assessments for both new and existing feature sets and recommend solutions and remediation measures.
• Validates developed software solution to ensure that the completed product matches with the business requirements and operates correctly.
• Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects. Evaluates, develops, and refines process to improve team productivity and efficiency.
• Participate in usability testing of the product and utilize the implications of the research findings in the design process.
• Performs software upgrades and installs, implements required software and interfaces
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Minimum of five years work-related experience. Must be able to make decisions, resolve problems using experience and professional judgment, follow specific instructions, perform repeatable technical product implementations, manage multiple implementation projects simultaneously and possess effective multi-tasking skills. Must show a demonstrated work history of learning technical software applications, processes and procedures as well as performing technical product implementations.
• A team player
• A quick learner
• Detailed oriented
• Work well with others
• Have strong communications skills (verbal and written) with special attention to technical content
• Have effective problem solving skills
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Possess strong retention skills
• Have analytical problem solving ability
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, DB2, Microsoft Windows servers, including hardware and software
• Be able to take ownership of job duties & responsibilities as well as work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
Microsoft SQL 2012 & higher
Microsoft SQL Query Language
Microsoft Server 2012 & higher
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
FTP file movements and file transmissions
Working knowledge of network connectivity including basic connectivity troubleshooting
Technical product implementations (includes SQL DBA & Windows Server administration functions)
Automated file processing
A wide variety of 3rd party programs and applications
Previous experience with financial services experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science and/or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process, with a working knowledge of the organization and intermediate technical skills required to complete assignments.