Business Operations Specialist
5200 W. Century Blvd Suite 890 Los Angeles, California 90045
1. Promote and market news content to traditional and online/digital media outlets including all tiers of news organizations, online news portals, and industry-specific media.
2. Build solid, trusted relationships with content partners and to identify cost-effective delivery channels to maximize distribution and footprint of news content globally.
3. Direct the development of newsfeed setup from content marketing to completion of distribution setup, with the support from internal development team. Produce and manage goals, schedules and milestones of newsfeed projects.
4. Establish, prioritize and execute tasks to maximize time; plan and complete projects within scheduling parameters. Adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment and work independently to adjust priorities accordingly.
5. Monitor and manage existing newsfeeds and to provide support on newsfeed maintenance tasks and projects. Respond to daily production priorities and support sales and operation team on client requests/questions that are critical and time sensitive.
6. Works in conjunction with product development team to create and support vehicles and systems which allow efficient and effective delivery of content via a broad range of channels, including websites, mobile devices, streaming, downloaded media, newsletters, etc.
7. Assist in identifying issues in our current processes and establish solutions utilizing available software applications and explore other options to promote more efficient workflows.
8. Maintain and prepare appropriate content license agreements for content partners; work with corporate legal counsels to execute legal agreements.
9. Stays current with emerging trends in digital news design, SEO, social media, mobile app development to ensure the organization uses and meet the latest technologies in content delivery.
10. Work with internal senior management team on product planning and marketing. Be enthusiastic contributing to all departments in the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience in communications, journalism, media, public relations, and digital marketing.
2. 5+ years of business development experience with media (agency environment is a plus). Digital content development and/or production experience is a plus.
3. Established contacts in content marketing and established relationship with online media outlets; tracked record in content partnership development.
4. Extensive hands-on experience with, and a thorough understanding of, all forms of digital content and delivery, online marketing, including display, web sites, social media.
5. Basic understanding of various technologies in content format and delivery mechanisms (plain-text, XML, HTML, NewsML, metadata, etc.) Familiarity with communicating technical requirements.
6. Ability to work across multiple departments and work on multiple projects while prioritizing and managing time and resources effectively.
7. Strong problem solving, organizational, presentation and communication skills; self-directed, detail oriented.
8. Ability to analyze project requirements and provide accurate work estimates.
9. Ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures calmly.
10. Ability to take on assignments/projects and follow through until completion.
11. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
12. Good ideas, strong opinions, a collaborative attitude and strong work ethic.
13. Knowledge of SEO and social media trends is a plus.
14. Experience designing/developing apps or websites for mobile devices is a plus
15. Previous background in newswire and media industry is a plus.
16. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.