1011 Boulder Springs Drive Suite 150 Richmond, VA 23225
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Business Analyst professionals in Richmond, VA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
This new position with our Client manages the elicitation and management of requirements across the software development lifecycle. Provides guidance to new clients and existing customers in the preparation of the requirement documents to ensure that the characteristics of the functionality is well defined, clear and understood by customers as well the internal organization. We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our expanding Product team as a Business Analyst. The Product team is a collaborative group that helps clients and internal stakeholders in their efforts to address some of their most complex business problems through the effective application of technology and process improvements. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, small team environment.
At the core, this role is crucial to identifying, documenting and working with Technology to bring technical solutions to business problems, or to advance the company’s sales efforts, are central to this role and that begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements.
Candidates must have:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
Primary roles and responsibilities include the following:
• Partner and build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to understand their business problems
• Manage client requests for custom development, configuration or core product enhancements
• Manages the strategy and planning of creation of technical requirements for continued development of our Client's Research Platform and future product enhancements.
• Responsible for working with our Client's entire team to understand functional requirements to build out specialized documentation to be delivered to Global Software Development (GSD) in their support of our Client.
• Manage the full lifecycle of development ensuring GSD remains on schedule and delivering to the specs created
• Coordinate with business areas (Product, Sales, Operations, & Research), senior leadership and IT development and support teams to ensure proper design of new requirements, system enhancements and downstream requirements while also managing the delivery schedule.
• Liase between groups and GSD as lead business voice on requirements.
• Manages the strategy and planning ensuring that design solutions will exceed KPI’s as defined in relevant calculation development and functionality projects.
• Leads others in the elicitation of detailed business and system requirements from business owners and stakeholders for large and complex assignments.
• Coaches and reviews the work of others in the writing of detailed functional specifications, ensuring they comply with our Client's policy and processes.
• Has the vision for change based on best practices and works cross functionally to drive system, process and procedural changes to prevent issues with production. In some instances will drive cross functional work teams for proactive change on a global scale.
• Drives Product Development through the identification of industry changes and by capturing feedback from our clients.
• Communicates and explains the software needs of the end users, i.e. in a bid activity or within a project. Is a ‘go to’ person in large bid activities.
• Maintains tight control over project schedule, risks, scope of work and budget; ensures that operational teams and subcontractors have a clear understanding of client requirements.
• Designs business processes and organization structure that will increase both efficiency and effectiveness; doing more with less, while improving the customer experience.
• Evaluate and coordinate business system and process interactions to ensure requirements and testing documents correctly identify up-stream, down-stream or otherwise impacted systems, processes and teams.
• Own collection and updating of competitive intelligence and voice of the customer data
• Assist with business case development as needed
• Plan and monitor the product roadmap
• Participate in user acceptance testing
• Assist in prioritization of IT development demand for enhancements from clients and internal stakeholders
• Evaluate the accuracy of system processes following implementation of: enhancements, changes, and new product introductions.
• Be the single point of contact for any and all requests for our client data from internal stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree (degree in in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other STEM related fields strongly preferred)
• Experience, interest and aptitude in technology
• 3+ years’ experience in a business analyst capacity or in the financial services/financial planning industry and/or software development cycle
• Working with development teams while designing frameworks under functional business teams
• Strong project management skills
• Strong Excel skills required
• Acute attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy
• Highly proficient in oral and written communication
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence at all levels of the organization
• PMP, CAPM, Six Sigma or other ASQ designation like the CQIA are preferred
• Domain knowledge on retail wealth management is preferred
• Competencies in coding languages such as SQL, R, Python preferred
• Understanding of multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, commodities and currencies preferred
Must be willing and able to handle the pressures of our fast-paced environment and not afraid to put in whatever effort is needed to complete a task on time.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work