450 E Romie Ln Salinas, CA 93901
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Breast Ultrasonographer professionals in Salinas, CA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Works with minimal supervision under Mammography Supervisor and Manager. Performs breast ultrasound. Assists Radiologist with fine needle aspiration, cyst aspiration, ultrasound biopsy, and needle localization, in accordance with ACR, MQSA, The Joint Commission, and departmental policies. Able to perform and/or assist with Quality Assurance activities related to breast ultrasound. Performs any combination of the primary duties depending on area of assignment.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
I. Performs thorough and complete ultrasounds on a daily basis under facility approved policies and procedures and in accordance with ACR and MQSA.
2. Assists Radiologist with needle localization, ultrasound biopsy, fine needle aspiration, and cyst aspiration in accordance with ACR, MQSA and departmental policies, and when training and approved demonstration of correct competencies are complete.
3. Assists patients in moving on and off the exam table. Assures that patients are properly dressed and prepped for procedures.
4. Cares for patients during procedures by assisting them to rest rooms, giving them blankets, etc.
5. Obtains or reviews patient's medical history and physician orders prior to performing studies and notifies appropriate staff of inconsistencies. Explains procedures to patient and completes comprehensive documentation.
6. Produces quality exams that include accurate and supportive documentation.
7. Communicates with the Radiologists on all ultrasound exams that require review.
8. Prepares completed breast ultrasound and/or other studies for interpretation in a timely mam1er (takes exam to close status) including appropriately identified images and all associated forms.
9. Able to perform and/or assist with Quality Assurance activities related to breast ultrasound.
10. Reports changes in patient's condition to Lead Technologist and/or Radiologist for follow-up. Assists with emergency medical treatment under physician direction.
11 . Assists with scheduling of patient exams.
12. Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and in-services.
13. Works closely with Lead Mammography Teclmologist to meet MQSA standards.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsBreast center experience OR 3 solid years of breast experience
1. Education: Completion of an ultrasound training program with ARDMS certification or registry eligible.
2. Licensure: Current RDMS (BR) registry required. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider status
as per American Heart Association standards required. New hires or transfers have 6 month from job date
to obtain RDMS (BR) certification.
3. Experience: At least one year of experience as a breast sonographer is required.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge of ultrasound equipment. Requires the use of fine motor
skills and precise hand/eye coordination.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and co-workers. Work requires ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of i comprehension and knowledge (written and oral).
6. Essential Physical Requirements: See attached "Physical Requirements Sheet"
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Requires analytical abilities to determine priorities and judge information.
Ability to handle effectively with the stress of multiple priorities and patient anxieties. .
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate, and have tactile sense.
9. Performance Improvement: Assumes active role in the department's Continuous Performance
Improvement Program. Develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts
as assigned. Assist with MQSA as requested or required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work