Associate General Counsel
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Provides a full range of legal advice and services. Responsibilities are within the Legal Function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines.
- Provides guidance to internal company clients with respect to applicable legal requirements and company policies that are overseen by the legal group.
- Represents (without close supervision from senior lawyers) the company's positions in regulatory and commercial matters.
- Has the expertise to provide internal clients (without close supervision) legal advice in assigned areas.
- Represent (without close supervision from senior lawyers)our Clients positions in a variety of commercial matters with a focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of contract templates.
- Drafts and reviews and negotiates contracts.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of contracts playbook and internal training materials.
- Educate internal sales team and other stakeholders on playbook and legal policy.
- Participate in the review of contracts supporting M&A due diligence.
- Law Degree (e.g., in the U.S., the Juris Doctor degree).
- Series 7 & 24 licensed a plus.
- Experience preferably involving the financial services industry, regulatory and competition policy, and/or compliance and regulatory work with a broker-dealer or other financial institution.