Adult Cardiac Sonographer
1575 Beam Avenue Maplewood, MN 55109
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Adult Cardiac Sonographer professionals in Maplewood, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Performs cardiac ultrasound and Doppler examinations, utilizing special modes of application, including Stress Echocardiography.
- Serves as backup to all other functions of the department as needed, such as ECGs and associated clerical responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs diagnostic cardiac ultrasound procedures. Performs M Mode, Two Dimensional Cardiac Ultrasound, Color flow and Doppler Studies according to standard. Performs Stress Echocardiography, including drug induce Stress Echo.
- Assists physician with Transesophageal Echo (TEE) studies.
- Provides assistance to physician to ensure satisfactory diagnostic images. Performs routine QI testing according to department protocol.
- Assesses and develops plans to meet the education needs of cardiac sonographers.
- Completes paperwork associated with diagnostic tests such as copying and distribution of test results.
- Performs preventive maintenance and safety testing of equipment and reports issues as appropriate.
- Cleans echo rooms and equipment between patients according to department protocol. Maintains supply inventory and communicates supply needs as appropriate.
- Accesses medications or IV solutions only as required to perform normal job duties complying with all state and federal regulations regarding medication and IV solution security.
- Must be available to assist with seven day/week, 24-hour coverage according to department policy.
- Completion of 2-year cardiac ultrasound program or equivalent clinical experience required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Either Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Diagnostic Med Sonographer (RDMS)
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work