2450 26th Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55406
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Administrative Assistant in Minneapolis, MN!
- The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and secretarial support to assigned area(s) and acts as a resource for area operations.
Provides coordination of written and verbal communication to support day to day operations.
• Answers, screens, and responds to telephone calls, greets and directs visitors, demonstrating excellent customer service.
• Takes and routes concise message and responds as requested.
• Reviews and routes inter-departmental and postal service mail
Provides secretarial support including word processing; composing and proof reading correspondence; presentation and report development; copies, collates and distributes as required.
Assists in maintaining databases and associated files and records on a regular basis according to established procedures.
• Prepares and distributes reports as requested.
• Gathers information and prepares summaries as requested.
Develops and implements office procedures to maintain systems and records.
• Orders office supplies and maintains equipment.
• Locates and order repair and service requests.
• Prepares invoices for payment.
Schedules/coordinates meetings; appointments; manages calendars for department staff.
• Distributes meeting announcement/agendas and materials as needed.
• Schedules room, AV, and catering arrangements.
• Makes travel arrangements.
Meets all role-related and age-specific competencies.
* Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
*Demonstrates Commitment to Customers
• Is aware of different customer needs/desires.
• Takes action to meet customer needs/desires with respect to customer diversity.
• Helps improve processes to meet customer needs.
• Suggests and acts on ideas to improve overall customer service.
• Respects confidentiality and shares information with only those that need to know
* Demonstrates Commitment to Fellow Employees
• Seeks to understand and value differences between employees.
• Treats other employees with dignity and respect.
• Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior.
• Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
• Contributes to the productivity of the workgroup.
None to 1Year
One to Three Years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
• Ability to accept cultural differences
• Ability to work effectively with staff, customers and external agencies
• Communication skills
• Computer skills and associated software (Excel, Access, etc.)
• Conflict management skills.
• Customer service knowledge and skills.
• Data entry skills
• Knowledge of confidentiality policy.
• Knowledge of developmental stages and age appropriate outcomes and interventions
• Knowledge of different cultural group’s needs and desires.
• Knowledge of office equipment
• Materials management system
• Office automation software; e-mail; GroupWise
• Organizational skills
• Process improvement skills
• Telephone management skills
• Time management skills.
• Word processing skills and associated software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc)
• Prefer courses or workshops in personal computer word processing and software programs.
• Requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills. Must have ability to use independent judgment to perform a wide variety of tasks in a professional manner.
Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree
Voca: The Spirit of Work