Voca Accounting has an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk with our client in San Jose. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com, direct line 347.293.2564.
- The Accounts Payable Clerk ensures that all phases of the assigned accounts payable processes are completed accurately and within the time constraints of the monthly accounting closing schedule.
- The position responsibilities include coding and inputting all invoices into the accounts payable computer system, maintaining open and paid invoice files, reconciling vendor accounts and period-end reports, and generating all computer and manual checks.
- Sorts incoming hard copy and soft copy mail daily or as assigned
- On a weekly basis, matches invoices due within a ten day period to purchase orders, obtains approvals, codes with appropriate general ledger account, inputs and posts to the appropriate month in the accounts payable computer system
- Keeps track of invoices unable to process for payment because of purchase orders not received or missing approvals via Courtesy Reminder spreadsheet and sends to relative purchasers/approvers weekly
- Selects invoices for payment and generates weekly checks
- Assembles checks with the appropriate invoice and backup, submits them for review, and files upon completion
- Reconciles past due invoice statements providing final resolutions for all outstanding payables monthly
- On a quarterly basis, reconciles and reports purchase orders received but not invoiced and generates returns as needed
- Complete overpayment report and send to A/R by the close of each monthly fiscal period
- Reviews submitted petty cash replenishments, expense reports, mileage reimbursements, and check requests to ensure all charges are valid
- Interacts with vendors and employees to resolve billing and/or payment problems, to help insure continued flow of merchandise
- Generates various accounts payable reports for management meetings i.e., accounts payable aging, check register, etc.
- Prepares and mails year-end 1099 forms for distribution to the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, applicable vendors and employees by the due date specified
- Maintains all open invoices that have been input and are awaiting checks
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- High school diploma plus two (2) years college required, some accounting courses preferred
- Experience in accounts payable and/or general ledger preferred
- Ability to type 50 wpm and operate ten-key by touch
- Basic accounting and hands-on knowledge of accounts payable computer systems preferred
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.