Accounts Payable Clerk
300 Santan Row Suite 300 San Jose, California 95128
Voca Accounting has an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk with our client in San Jose. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.com, direct line 347.293.2564.
- The Accounts Payable Clerk ensures that all phases of the assigned accounts payable processes are completed accurately and within the time constraints of the monthly accounting closing schedule.
- The position responsibilities include coding and inputting all invoices into the accounts payable computer system, maintaining open and paid invoice files, reconciling vendor accounts and period-end reports, and generating all computer and manual checks.
- Sorts incoming hard copy and soft copy mail daily or as assigned
- On a weekly basis, matches invoices due within a ten day period to purchase orders, obtains approvals, codes with appropriate general ledger account, inputs and posts to the appropriate month in the accounts payable computer system
- Keeps track of invoices unable to process for payment because of purchase orders not received or missing approvals via Courtesy Reminder spreadsheet and sends to relative purchasers/approvers weekly
- Selects invoices for payment and generates weekly checks
- Assembles checks with the appropriate invoice and backup, submits them for review, and files upon completion
- Reconciles past due invoice statements providing final resolutions for all outstanding payables monthly
- On a quarterly basis, reconciles and reports purchase orders received but not invoiced and generates returns as needed
- Complete overpayment report and send to A/R by the close of each monthly fiscal period
- Reviews submitted petty cash replenishments, expense reports, mileage reimbursements, and check requests to ensure all charges are valid
- Interacts with vendors and employees to resolve billing and/or payment problems, to help insure continued flow of merchandise
- Generates various accounts payable reports for management meetings i.e., accounts payable aging, check register, etc.
- Prepares and mails year-end 1099 forms for distribution to the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, applicable vendors and employees by the due date specified
- Maintains all open invoices that have been input and are awaiting checks
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- High school diploma plus two (2) years college required, some accounting courses preferred
- Experience in accounts payable and/or general ledger preferred
- Ability to type 50 wpm and operate ten-key by touch
- Basic accounting and hands-on knowledge of accounts payable computer systems preferred
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.