AWS Cloud Developer
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for AWS Cloud Developer professionals in Eagan, MN.
Apply Now or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Job ID 15611).
- We’re looking for a talented developer to augment an experienced software development team for Elektron Data Solutions. This is a new cloud-native project for delivery of financial data. Our goal is to find talented people with a passion for technology that have experience developing with Amazon Web Services.
In this position you’ll join the Financial & Risk organization, a functional division of Thomson Reuters, located in Eagan, MN.
You will participate in all aspects of development of a production software system that supplies critical financial information to power our client’s businesses. We foster a collaborative environment where people love to exchange ideas and best practices.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Math or strongly-related discipline or equivalent experience
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop complex software components and frameworks to deliver business value and enable other software engineers to efficiently deliver business value.
• Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology leadership.
• Responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of software systems.
• Estimates effort required for own work, and checks and agrees other team members' estimates. Accountable for planning work assigned them, including work breakdown, accurate estimate and identification of possible solution options.
• Provides assistance in researching and adopting new and emerging technologies, evaluating new tools, technologies and platforms to be included in projects.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development of resilient, scalable, and flexible software systems
• Proven experience working in fast-paced software development environment, leveraging core Agile and DevOps principles
• 3 years' experience with one or more of the following: Java and/or Python
• Familiar with AWS technologies and cloud
• Comfortable with command line interfaces
• Experience with Unit testing and code coverage experience
• Able to succeed working in a global team, with an emphasis on flexibility and customer service
• Good communications style and a strong desire to collaborate with business stakeholders, management, and peers alike
• Self-motivated with the ability to operate with limited supervision
• Experience integrating testing into continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated deployment
• Experience building complex microservice-based architectures
• Experience with AWS Serverless is a plus
• Familiarity with any of these technologies:
• Maven, Gradle
• Relational database technologies
Voca: The Spirit of Work