St. Paul, Minnesota
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements, expanding and scaling both external and internal sites.
- Analyzes business requirements and develops detailed design and specifications, including user interface design, input and output specifications, logging and other requirements for simple to moderately complex web applications.
- Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Maintains software documentation.
- Collaborates with internal clients and application/infrastructure engineers to bring about an integrated and consistent web presence and visual design intent.
- Performs application testing and debugging to ensure that applications are functioning correctly.
- Performs functional, performance, system, and regression testing according to project specifications.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Familiar with web development tools including Dreamweaver and Eclipse.
- Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole.
- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Systematic approach to reduction or elimination of errors, work back-flow.
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and correct problems with workstation, server, and network hardware and software.
- Proficient in W3C standards and writing valid HTML and Java scripting.
- Ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format (either verbal or written).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus.
- APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Additional Skills:
- INTERFACE DESIGN
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- REGRESSION TESTING
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION
- USER INTERFACE
- USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- VISUAL DESIGN
- UI DESIGN