Warehouse Service Associate
Post Date: 07/07/2017 Job ID: 9248 Category: Professional
- The Warehouse Service Associate performs multiple functions related to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and customer owned medical products.
- This position requires the work be performed at the service center but may involve work at the customer facility based upon schedule demands upon approval from Service Operations Manager or Service Operations Supervisor. Cleaning, disinfecting, operational function checks, and minor repairs of our Client and non-Client products will be expected.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and compliance.
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Ability to load, and unload wheeled medical products, weighing up to 1680 pounds, to and from customer accounts, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to move and maneuver Hill-Rom products within our Clients service centers, using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to maneuver and secure Hill-Rom products within truck beds, unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Ability to perform sweeping, mopping, and all other general? housekeeping? duties.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to Hill-Rom products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic features, unassisted.
- Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on various Hill-Rom products.
- Ability to perform pre-installation maintenance, including? preventive maintenance? and? before patient inspection? and modification procedures on various Hill-Rom products, unassisted, to include:
- Ability to visually, audibly, and manually inspect our Client’ s products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic problems requiring adjustment or repair.
- Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and gauges.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of activities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
- Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various customer demands, scheduling conflicts, and other factors beyond the control of the Warehouse Service Associate.
- Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
- Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Hill-Rom products.
- Ability to navigate a various electronic devices (i.e. PC, smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated products preferred
- Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Occasional overtime required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply technical information including but not limited to technical manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.