Verification and Validation Engineer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53224
- Verification and Validation Engineers work across all departments defining and documenting testing procedures according to plans and deadlines.
- Executes verification and validation reporting for all observed issues.
- Responsible for correct and complete documentation of verification and validation methods.
- Responsible for reporting all the potential issues discovered in a clear, easily understandable manner.
- Carefully documents the results of all performed activities; reports missing documentation.
- Investigates issues as required. Communicates with departments to define, create and improve verification procedures/methods using all the related documentation.
- Defines new verification methods, automatic testing procedures, and repeatable tests.
- Define, create and improve validation procedures and methods using all the related documentation.
- Defines new validation methods and updates documentation accordingly as needed.
- Based on project schedules, runs verification and validation tests reporting all issues discovered during the execution.
- During verification or validation process, calls periodic meetings to analyze the issues and decides necessary action plans.
- Documents the results of the verification or validation process; delivering the documentation in good order and ready to be processed.
- Arranges and manages training for new V&V technicians.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with non-product software validation is required.
- Advanced Excel skills, advanced Word skills, intermediate Networking skills, advanced computer management skills; and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving abilities required.
- Must be detailed-oriented and innovative.
- Ability to coordinate verification or validation activities, equipment, and internal resources.
- Ability to share and teach known technical subjects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must work well in team environments.
- Remains calm under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to initiate and develop creative solutions.
- Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to increase knowledge.
- Physical demands and work environment: Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee will be sitting for extended periods, will need to use a computer/mouse/keyboard/monitor and will communicate and listen both in-person and over the phone.
- Work environment: The work environment is in an office setting and has a minimal noise level.