Verification and Validation Engineer
Verification and Validation Engineers work across all departments defining and documenting testing procedures according to plans and deadlines. Executes verification and validation reporting for all observed issues.
- Responsible for correct and complete documentation of verification and validation methods.
- Responsible for reporting all the potential issues discovered in a clear, easily understandable manner.
- Carefully documents the results of all performed activities; reports missing documentation.
- Investigates issues as required.
- Communicates with departments to define, create and improve verification procedures/methods using all the related documentation.
- Defines new verification methods, automatic testing procedures, and repeatable tests.
- Define, create and improve validation procedures and methods using all the related documentation.
- Defines new validation methods and updates documentation accordingly as needed.
- Based on project schedules, runs verification and validation tests reporting all issues discovered during the execution.
- During verification or validation process, calls periodic meetings to analyze the issues and decides necessary action plans.
- Documents the results of the verification or validation process; delivering the documentation in good order and ready to be processed.
- Arranges and manages training for new V&V technicians.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with non-product software validation is required.
- Advanced Excel skills, advanced Word skills, intermediate Networking skills, advanced computer management skills; and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving abilities required.
- Must be detailed-oriented and innovative.
- Ability to coordinate verification or validation activities, equipment, and internal resources.
- Ability to share and teach known technical subjects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must work well in team environments.
- Remains calm under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to initiate and develop creative solutions.
- Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to increase knowledge.