2017-08-08 Job ID: 9657 Category: Health
- Utilizes high frequency sound waves to produce and evaluate images and related data on patients.
- Aids the radiologist in identifying, measuring, and giving precise location of normal organs, abnormalities, and unusual conditions.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- M-F, 8hr days/eves
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patient' s status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient' s age-specific needs is required.
- Graduation of an accredited program for diagnostic medical sonography required.
- One year ultrasound experience (including education) required.
- Knowledge and technical competence with ultrasound equipment and procedures.
- A high degree of technical aptitude, an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and understanding of medical terminology associated with various procedures.
- Ability to interact with radiologists in discussing and interpreting results of scans.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Ability to improvise standard procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, making decisions and directing work and patient flow to achieve maximum operational efficiency.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be licensed and certified.