Travel:(RN) / Operating Room (OR)
Post Date: 05/11/2017 2017-05-11 Job ID: 8605 Category: Health
- The Operating Room Nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient in the operating room.
- As a member of the surgical team the RN works with the Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, ORT’ s and other personnel to provide patient care in the Operating Room according to State Nurse Practice Act, AORN and regulatory standards, physician orders, policies and procedures of the Hospital and the Surgical Department.
- Ensuring supplies,
- Timeliness of cases,
- Communication with families,
- Updating of physician preference cards,
- Scrubbing and assisting physicians during surgical cases, and
- Supervision of personnel delivering patient care.