Travel Special Procedures Tech
- Under the direct supervision of the Radiologist and the Department Manager, the special procedures technologist delivers special procedures testing to patients of all ages groups.
- The technologist utilizes equipment and technique to assist in diagnosis or treatment.
- Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics.
- Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
- The Special Procedures technologist will maintain all necessary documentation and records as required by the State of Florida HRS.
- This individual is also responsible for appropriate radiation safety practices.
- Must be capable of and willing to cross-train and float into others areas to meet the needs of the facility as well as capable and willing to assist in the cross-training and orientation of others into the department as requested. – Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens is possible. Population Specific- ALL ages