Travel Physical Therapist
Post Date: 06/01/2017 Job ID: 8789 Category: Health
Under the immediate supervision of the Manager of Rehabilitation, the Physical Therapist II will be directly involved in patient evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. He/she will administer treatments and/or physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability. She/he will also assist patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, by providing effective, efficient, and quality care for the patient. The Physical Therapist will coordinate, delegate and supervise assigned supportive staff (PTA, PTLA, PT Aide). He/she will ensure patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. She/he will perform other duties as directed by the Manager. The population served includes: adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Graduation from a school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Two years Physical Therapist experience.
- Current valid license as a Physical Therapist by the California State Board of Medical Examiners or eligibility for such registration at the time of appointment.
- Membership in the APTA is highly recommended.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support – BLS Provider) certification through the American Heart Association.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of Physical Therapy, with knowledge of practices of other disciplines.
- Ability to evaluate, to plan and to carry out a physical therapy rehabilitative program for individual patients; ability to explain, demonstrate and teach physical therapy rehabilitative measures; ability to supervise supportive personnel; ability to work effectively with others in an inter-disciplinary team approach; ability to be self-directed and to seek direction and consultation as needed; ability to express oneself clearly both verbally and in written format.
- Must have basic computer skills.