Travel Orthopedic Technician
Rancho Mirage, California
Post Date: 06/14/2017 Job ID: 8920 Category: Health
- This position reports to the Manager / CAO.
- Demonstrated compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violation.
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge of the clinic environment and operates according to all policy and procedures.
- Anticipates physician’ s needs and procuring appropriate supplies prior to start of procedure. Assists physician.
- Maintains orderly and appropriately stocked treatment area.
- Assists with putting away supplies and room turnover.
- Applies orthopedic devices (i.e., casts, splints, braces) to patients ranging in age from infant to geriatric.
- Accepts responsibilities only within scope of practice.
- Answer phone messages and return patient calls during the same business day.
- Obtain Patient History and prep physician as requested.
- Removal of sutures or staples.
- Scheduling of tests.
- Anticipates providers needs and procuring appropriate supplies prior to start of procedure. Assists provider.
- Changing of dressings.
- Logging nurse notes and medication refills in patient charts.
- Appropriately manages patient flow.
- Paperwork for surgery orders, consents, etc.
- Preparing Surgery Charts for doctor.
- Preparing charts for Clinic.
- Scanning patient records.
- Stocking of exam room.
- DME application – if DME coordinator is not available.
- Assisting physician with procedures.
- Keeps current with new techniques and equipment through participation in continuing education.
- Must have Ortho Tech Certification
- Must have BLS
- Orthopedic Experience preferred