Specific Job Details:
Travel OR RN
Post Date: 08/02/2017 2017-08-02 Job ID: 9581 Category: Health
- The RN in the Operating Room circulates and coordinates the surgical team in all aspects of O.R. activities, providing for optimum perioperative nursing care to patients.
- Functions as the patients' advocate.
- The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- The RN will function within the Mayo Nursing Care Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
- The American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
- The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- Stands and walks almost continuously during work schedule.
- Transportation of audiovisual equipment.
- Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Exposure to cuts, burns, bio-hazardous materials.
Specific Job Details:
- RN with experience in surgical pre-post (admit/discharge), PACU, providing moderate sedation for GI endoscopy procedures, operating room circulating.
- Weekday day shifts (8 or 10 hour shifts), weekday on call rotation,
- Weekend on call rotation,
- Holiday on call rotation.
- Working 40 hours per week.
- Two will start 8/24 and one will start 9/6.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing and possessing a current MN/WI Registered Nurse license.
- One year Perioperative nursing required.
- Training will be provided to qualified candidates with a diverse OR background.
- Clinical competency to include, but not limited to, guidelines and standards of care, policies and procedures; patient and staff safety policy and procedures;
- Technical preparation, operation and care of equipment necessary to perform an appointed surgical procedure.
- Understands team concept in working with others.
- Possesses ability to prioritize in dealing with the needs of the surgical team during a case.
- Ability to function under stress and pressure.
- Professional attitude and sense of confidentiality.