Travel DPC RN
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Post Date: 06/14/2017 Job ID: 8923 Category: Health
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and utilizes the nursing process to coordinate outcome focused patient care and achieve our Client’ s nursing vision.
- Understands and incorporates holistic nursing theory based on Watson' s theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and our Client’ s nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve our Client’ s nursing vision.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team and other disciplines regarding the plan of care.
- Identifies and documents learning needs of the patient and family and provides individualized education.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing, improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, patient experience, nursing engagement and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices and other established practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and achievement of unit goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement).
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation.
- RN Core Competencies - Assessment, Planning, Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings.
- Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
- RN Core Competencies - Evidence Based Practice: Evaluates and/or assists in the evaluation of practice in relation to existing evidence identifying opportunities for the generation and use of research
- RN Core Competencies - Nursing Process: Utilizes the nursing process to provide holistic, compassionate, safe, high quality, population based care.
- RN Core Competencies - Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- RN Core Competencies - Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Associate' s Degree
- Associate' s degree in Nursing required.
- Bachelor' s degree preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse MN (RN)
- MN Board of Nursing
- Experience: 1 to 3 years’ experience required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Qualification Source: American Heart Association
- Credential Comments: Some positions may require ACLS depending on the unit and patient population.