Travel Certified Technician
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Post Date: 05/24/2017 2017-05-24 Job ID: 8717 Category: Health
- Surgical technologists prepare the operating room, including the sterile field,
- Setting up surgical equipment, supplies and solutions.
- During surgery, surgical technologists pass instruments, fluids and supplies to the surgeon and prepare and manage surgical equipment.
- Surgical technologists simultaneously manage the sterile field and specimens.
- Surgical technologists perform a count of sponges and supplies to prevent foreign retained objects.
- Surgical technologists are certified following successful completion of a CAAHEP-accredited program or other programmatically-accredited surgical technology program and the national Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) examination administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- 2 years’ experience