Travel Cath Lab Tech
- Technologists working in the Cath Lab support procedures to analyze, diagnose, and treat the cardiovascular system.
- Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, appropriately prepping, positioning patient, and applying hemodynamic monitor.
- Assembles and maintains sterile equipment and procedure environment which complies with infection control standards.
- Monitors patients prior to, during, and after procedures and maintains procedural records for electronic health record.
- Scrubs for procedures providing physician assistance to facilitate diagnostic and therapeutic invasive cardiovascular care under fluoroscopic guidance.
- Collaborates with healthcare team members to maintain effective communication and good working relationships.
- Complies with requirements for after-hours on-call coverage for emergent procedures and reports for call duty within defined time frame.
Specific Job Details:
- Shift: Typically 7am-4pm, if on call will work 8:30-5 and then on call starts from 5pm until 7:30am the next morning.
- Typically on call for weekends is every 8 weeks.
- On call schedule is already scheduled until February.
- Potential for OT.
- Potential to convert permanently. Six rooms, MacLab for monitoring, Seimens is 5 rooms, Phillips in 1 room.
- Required: One to two years clinical patient care experience required, if not graduate of C ardiovascular Invasive program.
- Previous cardiovascular lab experience preferred.
- Required: A graduate of diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate academic program in health sciences required (includes, but not limited to cardiovascular technology, nursing, paramedic, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or ultrasound.)
- Preferred: Graduate of a Cardiovascular Invasive program preferred.
- Required: Successful completion of Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RC IS) or American Registry of Radiologic
- Technologists (ARRT) Cardiac Interventional (C I) or Vascular Interventional (VI) exam required within two years of hire. ACLS required within six months of hire.
- Required: Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (AC LS) certification required within six months of hire.
- RC IS credential or ARRT advanced certification within two years of hire.
- ARRT CI or ARRT VI or RCIS. BLS.