Training System Analyst
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey 07675
- The Training System Analyst position works as part of the training system team to develop, support and maintain the usage of a very large inter-connected corporate training system.
- The Training System Analyst will work closely with both business and technology groups.
- Defines and reviews training system usage workflows and processes with business owners for suitability/fit; suggests alternatives as needed
- Creates functional requirements and models as needed
- Develops training measurement and reporting solution strategies to support business objectives
- Manages external vendors, suppliers, and internal business partners as needed to accomplish proposed training system solutions
- Develops business process or training system solutions in response to atypical business needs
- Designs and executes one-time and scheduled training data (and related data) reports in support of training systems operations and business needs
- Develops and executes test procedures for training system functions/enhancements and specialized reporting
- Serves as a training system support escalation contact for complex issues reported to the training system Help Desk team
- Performs routine administrative work in the training system, like creating training offerings, or user account adjustments
- Creates tickets in various IT systems in support of training system operational issues
- Creates documentation (various forms) for training system workflows or maintenance process
- Associates Degree, or Equivalent (Bachelor’s Preferred)
- Experience as a business analyst for complex web-based applications or reporting (2-5 years)
- Experience in a large corporate environment (3-5 years)
- Experience with training systems, learning management systems (highly preferred, not required) (1-2 years), such as Cornerstone on Demand, Saba, SumTotal, SAP Success Factors, Axonify, Canvas, Absorb, Moodle, Blackboard, TalentLMS, or other LMS applications
- Aptitude and interest in both technology and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Highly motivated. Specifically, being interested in following up on detailed business or technical issues and understanding the functional and technical impact of any change
- Willingness to take initiative, develop creative approaches, and work independently
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) for Windows
- Expert level in Excel, especially for complex data analysis; experience with other business intelligence/reporting applications a bonus
- Ability to create visual mockups (screen capture and editing, other modeling methods)
- The ability to react quickly to evolving business requirements and the need to communicate with multiple stakeholders with various backgrounds is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, teamwork, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships are essential.