- Channels all incoming calls and provides direct numbers as needed; connects callers with local and out-of-state numbers as appropriate using a PC/Windows based console.
- Takes patient referral information from external Physician
- Offices and disseminates to appropriate scheduling team.
- Assists in training new telephone operators by reviewing policy and procedures, answering questions and training on required systems.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to; Additional clerical tasks such as disseminating email/fax/phone to appropriate scheduling teams, email/fax/phone outside institutions requesting outside material for upcoming appointments/review, indexing incoming faxes, collating patient packets, etc.
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Requires knowledge of basic office equipment (computers, photocopiers, fax machines, etc).
- Typing skills and office computer software knowledge required.
- Must be self-directed with good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to carry out duties independently without close supervision and receive direction from multiple sources.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Will be accountable for the delivery and pick-up of all items in an efficient manner.
- At minimum: 6-12 months experience working in Healthcare Industry with understanding of Medical Terminology