- Channels all incoming calls and provides direct numbers as needed; connects callers with local and out-of-state numbers as appropriate using a PC/Windows based console.
- Takes patient referral information from external Physician Offices and disseminates to appropriate scheduling team.
- Assists in training new telephone operators by reviewing policy and procedures, answering questions and training on required systems.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to;
- Additional clerical tasks such as disseminating email/fax/phone to appropriate scheduling teams, email/fax/phone outside institutions requesting outside material for upcoming appointments/review, indexing incoming faxes, collating patient packets, etc.
- Minimum Education and/or Experience Required (Minimum Job Requirements, Education Requirements, Experience):
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. Requires knowledge of basic office equipment (computers, photocopiers, fax machines, etc). Typing skills and office computer software knowledge required. Must be self-directed with good problem-solving and organizational skills. Must be able to carry out duties independently without close supervision and receive direction from multiple sources. Must be able to read and follow instructions and able to manage multiple tasks. Will be accountable for the delivery and pick-up of all items in an efficient manner.
- At minimum: 6-12 months experience working in Healthcare Industry with understanding of Medical Terminology.
Specific Job details
- Answer all incoming calls and directing appropriately.
Sorting and distributing faxes and mail. Hours M-F 8a-5p