Technical Lead Customer/1
2017-03-13 Job ID: 8058 Category: Professional
- Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Takes primary technical responsibility for an application involving multiple support personnel that is critical to the operation of the business;
- or serves as a technical project lead on an application implementation involving multiple application developers and/or contractors, or provides extensive knowledge and skill in a unique technical area.
- In one of these three capacities, evaluates user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current systems and computer capabilities.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and clarifies program objectives.
- Act as the technical lead for highly complex projects related to the development of new systems, architecture, applications or technology capabilities in support of business goals.
- Provide technical support to diagnose, test and resolve system problems.
- Conduct research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs.
- Perform system analysis, software design and coding, testing, documentation, implementation and research activities as necessary for software implementation projects.
- Provide customer support for package software and associated interfaces.
- Consult with application users, evaluate user requests for new or modified computer applications and associated interfaces to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems and computer capabilities.
- Perform advanced system analysis and design functions, handle critical development issues, research and analyze data.
- May guide other analysts in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provides technical input to assist in development of project planning. 50
- Performance Expectations: Demonstration of advanced technical knowledge and an understanding of the company's information systems and business processes.
- Effective translation of written and oral communications into system design specifications and design specifications into specific applications.
- Emphasis on identification and fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Technical leadership on teams that results in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Analyze and solve complex business problems; mentor lesser experienced applications developers in problem analysis skills.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Attend work on a regular basis and support the company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates who do not possess a bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
- A minimum of six years of experience in systems analyst or software application development. Urban
- Advanced knowledge of programming, integration and application security models; and proficiency with a variety of software development tools.
- Experience in the utility industry, or in an environment whose scope, size and complexity are comparable.
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Business analysis aptitude including communications and interpersonal skills enabling an understanding of client's needs.
- Knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions and major vendors.
- An expert understanding of deployment topologies (i.e. ensuring secure, highly available systems).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Availability for periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Position Requirements: Experience integrating Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) solutions within an environment with strong change and release management processes and procedures.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in: Accenture’s Customer/1 development, specifically in the functional areas of billing or service orders;
- Oracle and DB2 databases; COBOL; SQL; PL/SQL; JCL;
- Microsoft Visual C++; Microsoft Visual Studio;
- IBM-compatible mainframe;
- Unix servers.