San Diego, California 92108
- Meet with the customer’s subject matter experts to attain a thorough understanding of the contractual requirements to be addressed by modules related to Valuation, Appeals, Public Access, Property Tax and Assessment Administration:
- Valuation: Real Property Appraisal, Personal Property Appraisal, Case Management, Business Revenue, and Public Access.
- Property Tax: Assessment Administration, Records, Levy Management, Special Assessments, Tax Billing, Cashiering, Accounts Receivables, Tax Accounting, Distribution, Delinquents, and Tax Sale
- Work with the our Client’s data conversion team to assure that data from the customer’s current system is properly populated to the new database.
- Collaborate with the customer to configure the system for maximum process efficiency.
- Recommend process changes that will produce maximum software benefits to the customer.
- Facilitate application training sessions.
- Compose documentation to address newly added or modified functionality.
- Triage customer-reported defects throughout the implementation.
- Work with our Client’s other departments (Development, QA, Project Management) in an agile process to bring products to market.
- Be available for business travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Leads data mapping exercises with customers and implementation engineering teams to translate data from source system into standard import table layouts.
- Works with implementation engineering to ensure data is imported correctly. Provides quality assurance for imported data using validation scripts and regression testing.
- Leads functional workshops to fit customer requirements to existing product functionality. Identifies areas of needed configuration, application change or customer business process change.
- Documents and presents functional requirements to customers and solicits feedback.
- Customizes and configures applications to agreed specifications or provides recommendations for this.
- Designs, develops and documents workbooks, spreadsheets and associated deliverables within forecast time-scales and budgets agreed with customers.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides market or business information from the field to appropriate Marketing and Product Management groups to assist product development.
- Trains end users and customer development staff in the functionality of products, participating in the development of training and eLearning tools.
- Verbal and written communications – The Technical Consultant must be able to communicate complex ideas to business and technical staff in both written and verbal form. These communications may be with the customer, co-workers, or third parties.
- Customer relations – The Technical Consultant must maintain an effective working relationship with customers.
- Process analysis – The Technical Consultant must be able to understand the purpose and flow of the customer’s existing processes in order to facilitate the most advantageous combination of software configuration and customer workflow. Past real or personal property appraisal experience will be vitally important in performing this job function.
- Time management – The Technical Consultant must be able to correctly prioritize work and exert the discipline to address the highest priority tasks first.
- Common business applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and One Note
- Database tools such as SQL Server, T-SQL, Access, and Oracle
- Other tools such as Visio, Crystal Reports, desktop sharing applications and electronic document management systems.
- A four year college degree with a major related to computing, business, real estate, or management is strongly preferred.
- Primary direct experience includes working in a governmental tax office (assessor/appraiser, treasurer/collector, auditor, clerk/recorder) or a similar non-governmental position.
- Other pertinent experience includes software implementation, technology consulting, customer relations, technical writing, business analysis, and teaching.
- Related professional certification is important but not required.