Team Production Operator 2
Post Date: 07/03/2017 Job ID: 9191 Category: Professional
- Operate / monitor equipment – process work according to shop paper, department instructions, and/or client expectations to plastic and print mail product for mailing.
- Use shop paper instructions to pick plastic and paper collateral for jobs to be processed.
- May includes manually inserting collateral into envelopes, affixing tags to plastic carriers, stuffing mail into expedited mailing packages, feeding and unloading zip sort equipment.
- Update information management systems - use PC’ s to interact with various information management systems for job instructions and to update the status of jobs.
- Troubleshoot Problems - resolve issues with unclear instructions from clients and various instruction tools that are used in day to day activities.
- Identify material issues and escalate as needed. Address quality and productivity issues with team-members and escalate to product owners.
- Perform Quality Checks – Inspect completed work using appropriate procedures and methods.
- Verify correct material using detail job instructions.
- Verify products in accordance with industry standards.
- Complete a visual inspection on up to 100, 000 documents and 40, 000 personalized products.
- Document required quality checks. Participate in problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Investigate in client reported defects (internal and external) and assist with the implementation of revised procedures.
- Training - assist in the orientation and training of other employees.
- Participate in cross-training expectations to include certification and documentation.
- Safety - maintain clean work area in accordance with 5-S. Understand, interpret and abide by OSHA regulations. Identify and report any unsafe condition or activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Incumbent must be able to work in a high-value security controlled environment.
- Incumbent is responsible for providing service for over 1400 different clients and must ensure accuracy, cost effectiveness, and timeliness.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The incumbent must be able to make decisions using pre-established guidelines regarding: products meeting quality standards;
- Resolution of minor machine problems and determining when a service technician is required; and
- Adherence of guidelines to ensure correct shipment of accounts.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a “ direct threat” to the health or safety of self or others.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Operation employees at all levels, service levels, clients, vendors, and upper management
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud (hearing protection required).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.