Systems Operations Administrator
New York, New York 10036
- The Technical Operations team provides day-to-day IT/AV technology, infrastructure, and operational support to our Client's LIVE Opening/Closing bell ceremonies, onsite events, outdoor advertising, and LIVE broadcast reports to various financial networks.
- Typical Job Functions:
- Provide operational support for real-time, LIVE in-studio Video Wall operations – including console operation, data monitoring, support for video wall display sources, and performing hardware/software upgrades.
- Provide operational support for real-time, LIVE external LED sign operations – including console operation, content scheduling, display source support, and playback support.
- Monitor real-time data feeds, video content, and core infrastructure systems for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate to senior administrators, software development, and external vendors.
- Follow and update procedures for startup and shutdown of core systems.
- Support hardware/software platforms on all pertinent infrastructure and application servers, which handle real-time data dissemination to external displays.
- Support and maintain Production systems for video routing and control, content management, and system alerting and monitoring.
- Perform regularly scheduled systems patching and security updates.
- Engage with the software development group to enhance software functionality and efficiency.
- Interface with various internal departments to support technical requirements for onsite events, LIVE productions, and advertising commitments.
- Maintain systems infrastructure in the Dev and QC labs, which include data consistency reporting, regression testing, and executing test scripts.
- Perform PC/network technical support to onsite system users.
- Assist in business-side technology projects as it relates to formulating hardware/software and networking solutions to meet project requirements and specifications.
- Provide A/V support for onsite events – including acquiring client A/V requirements, testing pertinent equipment, and providing technical support for events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline or work experience and formal training equivalent to a four-year degree.
- 5+ years’ experience working in 24x7 real-time, mission-critical environments is a must with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
- Experience with supporting AV Production systems is a PLUS.
- Must be able to work beyond normal business hours.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
- Must be able to excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Multi-tasking is required and being detail-oriented is critical.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Nature of position involves direct contact with situations involving high stress in a LIVE, extremely visible environment.
- Proficient knowledge/experience in Wintel and networking technologies including operating systems, back-end applications, server software, and switches/routers.
- Proficient knowledge/experience of current virtualization technologies including VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V is preferred
- Financial and/or Broadcast industry experience is a PLUS.
- Cisco, KACE, SolarWinds, SQL knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
- Webcasting, Encoding and Streaming knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
- Photoshop, Flash, creative and graphics rendering knowledge/experience is a PLUS.