Post Date: 04/18/2017 2017-04-18 Job ID: 8368 Category: Technology
- Provides operational support of the Mainframe, Windows or UNIX computing environment.
- hardware installations, upgrades, operating systems and application software installations and upgrades,
- backup and recovery administration, maintaining users and peripheral equipment, troubleshooting system and application issues. (25-50%)
- only Windows related, no Mainframe of UNIX skills will be required.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Server 2012 operating systems including server clustering, Microsoft DHCP/DNS/DFS/IIS, file backup systems and industry security practices.
- Cisco UCS and/or HP hardware
- Administration of VMware Infrastructure including VMware vSphere ESX and VMware vCenter,
- Active Directory
- Server hardware based monitoring tools (SCOM and HPSIM)
- Citrix XenApp and/or Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Configuration management with IBM BigFix or VMWare Configuration Management
- Microsoft IIS web services
- Scripting or programming for automating administration
- Working knowledge of IP networking
- Internet DMZ system and security design and management
- Network packet and performance analysis
- Design and support remote access systems
- Knowledge of utility energy management and plant control systems desirable
- Relevant certifications/training such as MCSE